Release candidate for 2.0.15

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 18 10:41:49 CET 2010

Hi!

I just prepared a release candidate for GnuPG 2.0.15.  The goal of this
release is to find out whether there are any severe build or runtime
bugs.  There are actually not may changes:

 * New command --passwd for GPG.

 * Fixes a regression in 2.0.14 which prevented unprotection of new
   or changed gpg-agent passphrases.

 * Make use of Libassuan 2.0 which is available as a DSO.

as well as a couple of minor bug fixes and some changes to the German
translation.

The major point is the move to Libassuan 2.0.  This is the first version
of Libassuan which may be used as a shared library.  We took this change
to cleanup the API a bit with the drawback that some changes to the
caller are required.

To make development with Libassuan easier we need to get rid of
Libassuan 1 which developer's package can't be installed side by side
with Libassuan 2.  Thus it is not easy to maintain software written with
version 1 and 2 at the same time.  With the 2.0.15 release we will have
finished the migration of the GnuPG related tools to Libassuan 2.

Please let us know if there are any problems building this release:

  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-2.0.15rc1.tar.bz2
  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-2.0.15rc1.tar.bz2.sig

Shalom-Salam,