About a project to make gnupg2 ISO/IEC 19790 compliant

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 29 13:48:44 CET 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:21, simon at josefsson.org said:

> Interesting, I hadn't noticed that.  I'll defer to Werner on this, but
> personally I think it makes sense for FSF to look into this from a legal

Actually one of the reasons we avoided OAEP in the past were rumors of
patent claims.  I can't remember the details.

We now have ECDSA in Libcrypt because it seems to be an innocent
implementaion.  However, out of patent fears Redhat does not include the
ECDSA in there distribution.

Definitely something we should investigate.

Salam-Shalom,