[Pyme-help] Retrieve key from keyserver

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 21 11:45:39 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 21. Juli 2010 09:18:22 schrieb Jerome Charaoui:
> I'd like to know if it's possible to retrieve a PGP key from a keyserver
> with PyMe.
>
> According to the GPGME documentation, this should be possible by
> combining mode.LOCAL with mode.EXTERN. However when I try this I
> consistently get a EOF error.

A good question. I would direct it to gnupg-devel@ and ask if it is possible
with GPGME. In order to facilitate the question I directly post it there.

If it is possible with GPGME, it should be possible with pyme as well.
Make sure to use the right gpgme gnupg2 version before trying.

> I verified my GPG confguration and the correct keyservers are in there.
> Also, retrieving keys from command-line GPG works fine.

The gpg2 command line does not use gpgme,
but it demonstrates the the configuration and the helpers are all there.

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.