Supressing Passphrase messages

nschroth ngschroth at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 22:19:12 CET 2010

Off and on over the months since I posted this, I have tried numerous ways to
supress the messages (without any luck).  I have asked others with stong
UNIX background, and no one can tell me how/why GPG somehow overrides the
redirection of both std in and std error into /dev/null.

I must assume since no one responded to my December post that none of you
have a clue what is going on.  I am still stumped and really could use some
suggestions.