[SPAM] Re: GnuPG has now full ECC support (ECDSA, ECDH)

Andrey Jivsov openpgp at brainhub.org
Tue Sep 21 09:36:51 CEST 2010

On 09/20/2010 12:53 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Hi Andrey.
>

> This is really great news :)

Thank you Christoph. I am very pleased so far with the reception of my
work.

> Any expectations on when the draft becomes and rfc? I mean it hasn't
> changed a lot recently.

I always believed that I would have much more confidence in the quality
of draft if other members in OpenPGP community went through complete
implementation phase. The target audience for this draft is developers,
so in my opinion nothing can substitute the experience gained from
writing the code.

It makes sense to wait a little more until the GnuPG code makes into
mainline code. In any case, my target is to move the draft forward in 2011.

> Do we have any folks who audit the code? Not that I wouldn't trust
> you,.. ;)

... following the previous paragraph, it's only logical for me to hope
that long-term experienced GnuPG developers, such as Werner Koch, go
over my changes and polish them up.

My main focus in the initial contribution has been the correctness of
generated data.