1.4.11 release candidate (was: Overflow bug in bzip2)

Steven M. Schweda sms at antinode.info
Fri Sep 24 22:14:57 CEST 2010

From: Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org>

> GnuPG 1.4.11 release candidate 1 is availabale at
>
>   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/alpha/gnupg/gnupg-1.4.11rc1.tar.bz2 (3360k)

   Any chance of inserting some should-be-harmless VMS-related changes
into the main code stream at some point (possibly here)?  The change
from "readonly" to "read_only" in a couple of places was appreciated,
but there are still about twenty other source files which need some
changes for use on VMS (plus a whole bunch of VMS-only source and
builder files).  Some of the differences seem (to me) to be general
improvements, like making the #include's of <sys/socket.h> and
<sys/un.h> in "g10/passphrase.c" conditional on ENABLE_AGENT_SUPPORT
instead of (only) "!defined(HAVE_DOSISH_SYSTEM) &&
!defined(__riscos__)".  And, in config.h.in, this:

# ifdef __VMS
#  define GNUPG_HOMEDIR "/SYS\$LOGIN/gnupg"

was a nice gesture, but no one on VMS needs or wants a backslash escape
for that dollar sign in this context.

   I haven't packaged a complete 1.4.11rc1 source kit, but I've gone
through the 1.4.11rc1 code and re-made the usual changes, so if there is
any interest in merging any of these changes, please let me know how to
proceed.  Older stuff (not much different), including the change notes,
should be available in the usual place:

      http://antinode.info/dec/sw/gnupg.html