[rant] using a hardware token with GnuPG

Martin Paljak martin at martinpaljak.net
Tue Aug 16 16:49:19 CEST 2011

Hello,
On Aug 16, 2011, at 1:15 , Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> gpg-agent is an integral part of any gnupg 2 environment.  It should be
> started as part of your session and be visible to all programs within it.
I've understood that it is started automagically or at least not necessary for everything. I was able to sign with gpg2 without an agent running.

> BTW, the OpenPGP cards are not sold by g10code, but by kernel concepts.
Sorry, you are correct. I did not mean directly sold, but "the one referenced from/created by g10code" [1]

[1] http://g10code.com/p-card.html
--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495