ECC code now in GnuPG master

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Thu Feb 3 19:27:43 CET 2011

Hey...

Very nice :)

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 17:54 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> after some cleanup Andrey's ECC code has been merged into GnuPG master
> (aka 2.1).  The latest commit also adds an extended algorithm selection
> menu, which shows up like this:
So this is now already the "main" 2.1 tree or a copy of that one?

Do we have already any expectations when the ID goes RFC?

> Not ethat there are likely a couple of bugs left.  A quick test shows
> that 521 bit encryption keys can't be generated.
What's the suggested keysizes,... and which are supported by gpg?

> Please note that this ECC support is really new and shall not be used to
> create production quality keys.  A code audit is required and we also
> need to do compliance testing with other implementations.
Is there already an audit planned? Who will do it?

And are there any other implementations having ECC?

Is there a list of things which may not work (if any)?
E.g. things like, can you sign RSA/DSA keys with an ECC key, etc. pp.

Cheers,
Chris.