ECC code now in GnuPG master

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Feb 4 06:36:51 CET 2011

On Thu,  3 Feb 2011 23:38, dshaw at jabberwocky.com said:

> than add libgcrypt to GnuPG 1.4, to instead make a "mini" version of
> GnuPG 2.x for server use (leaving out the non-OpenPGP stuff, the
> agent, etc).  A long while ago, you and I talked about that sort of
> compile-time possibility.

I can't remember the details of the discussion anymore.  The major
hurdle is that we need to write a new agent which does not assume to run
in an interactive environment.  The functionality of the agent (secret
key operation) is obviously required.

We may link such new agent code into gpg proper, much like we do with
the smartcard code in 1.4.  Another, simpler, option would be to keep
the agent but make it loop back to gpg to ask for the passphrase.
Recall that the agent is now reliable started on demand on a per
GNUPGHOME base.

Shalom-Salam,