Migration to GIT complete

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 3 19:06:27 CET 2011

Hi!

Some of you might have noticed that over the last week I migrated GnuPG
and some related projects from Subversion to GIT.  The trunk versions of
Subversions should now all have a README telling that the repo is now
maintained by GIT.

If you want to checkout something you need to use

 git clone git://git.gnupg.org/FOO.git

where foo is gnupg, libgcrypt, libassuan, libgpg-error and so on.

 http://git.gnupg.org

has a link to the git browser which lists all projects.  The
gnupg-commits mailing list will receive the usual messages from changes
the main repository.

The old subversion archives are now in read-only mode and kept so that
references to them will continue to work.  www.gnupg.org is still kept
in a CVS; I'd like to change this also but the website needs a general
overhaul anyway thus there is no point in switching it to GIT

Happy New Year,