dirmngr: restricting access to socket, why? Debian Default

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 7 18:01:39 CET 2011

> Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2011 15:19:10 schrieb Peter Eisentraut:

>> This was done according to the advice from the upstream authors.  I'd be
>> glad to review it if updated advice were issued. ;-)

I can't remember that; might be a misunderstanding.  I was more thinking
of a dirmngr running under the user dirmngr than under root.  I have not
installed a recent Debian dirmngr thus I can't check this.  Permission
for the socket should be given to all regular users on the system.  This
is in particular important for the forthcoming 2.1 GnuPG where dirmngr
will also be used to access pgp keyservers.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.
I did not receive Peter's mail yet.