Are smartcard patches for 2.1 helpful at this point in time?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Jan 30 11:55:00 CET 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 03:08, kgo at grant-olson.net said:

> could run 2.1 beta on my machines.  It turns out there's still a lot of
> issues with smartcards.  I think between the last announcement for the

That's right.  I fixed a couple of them in the last weeks but there are
other things with higher priority.  I don't think that you shuld do
invest to much time into looking into these bugs.  I have a lot of
fixmes and #warning in the code which I just need to fix.

Last week we officially finished the Kontact (KDE) for mobile phones
(Kontact Touch) project and thus I should have more time to work on
GnuPG proper.

The plan is to finish the ECC integration within the next week and merge
it into master.  The we should do the smartcard stuff and release a
beta2.

> them; there's no a major refactor on the way that'll invalidate them,
> and (c) I'm not working in parallel with any official developers.  (Last

Given that you are very interested in this stuff, I'll post more
progress info about my work.

(d) copyright assignments are filed.

Shalom-Salam,