Supressing the "gpg: NOTE: trustdb not writable" on read only systems

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jul 29 10:03:59 CEST 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:36, dirkx at webweaving.org said:

> 	"gpg: NOTE: trustdb not writable" on read only systems
>
> comes up regularly (even though we killed off all other warnings with

The easiest way to fix that is this:

       /* Take care of read-only trustdb.  */
       db_fd = open (db_name, O_RDONLY | MY_O_BINARY );
-      if (db_fd != -1)
+      if (db_fd != -1 && !opt.quiet)
           log_info (_("NOTE: trustdb not writable\n"));

I did this for master (2.1) and also for 2.0.

BTW, the CreateFile part in your patch is only for WindowsCE and there
we really don't need it becuase most users - if any at all - won't see
it.

Salam-Shalom,