Smartcard decryption still doesn't work on 2.1 beta...

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Mar 23 10:24:38 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 00:47, kgo at grant-olson.net said:

> At first I thought it would be as easy as checking to see if sk.mode ==
> 1002, and setting the flag, but it seems like the key passed into get_it
> intentionally doesn't have any secret key info.  It also doesn't have

Right.  gpg shall not know anything about smartcards.  It is now all up
to gpg-agent to decide whether a smartcard is to be used.  If gpg wants
to know whether the key is on a smartcard, it has to ask gpg-agent for
that information.  It is pretty likely that some stuff does not yet
work; there are still a few FIXMEs in the code.

Shalom-Salam,