OpenPGP card specification 2.0 improvement?

Sébastien Lorquet squalyl at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:04:58 CEST 2011

ISO7816-4-2005 allows a CHANGE REFERENCE DATA without the old data, by
setting P1=01h

The spec could use this version, and require the previous verification of
the pin by VERIFY PIN.

With the current spec, the actual length of the PIN shall be available
somewhere. The current data only indicates the maximum length, thus implying
the PIN length is variable, but CHANGE REFERENCE DATA does not allow this.

Speaking of spec updates, I have more ideas, mainly the AID shall not
contain the serial number and the card shall use files instead of data
objects. Is a v3 spec planned for some day?

Regards

Sebastien Lorquet