needs in OpenPGP to use it for a bitcoin replacement.

Jbar jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail.com
Sat May 28 13:04:56 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 26 mai 2011 18:46:25, Jerome Baum a écrit :

First, I am sorry to not answer before, as I said, I sorely lacking time. But I am glad to find at least a skilled fellow to discuss about the idea and
especially its technicals issues/solutions.

In fact a fairest alternative to bitcoin is expected by more and more french bloggers.
( I just give a link in english but i may give you a lot of links to french bloggers and articles:
http://owni.fr/2011/03/14/how-french-site-owni-profits-by-giving-away-its-content/).

> Not really a bitcoin fan here, and I think gold is a pretty bad analogy
> that breaks down very soon. How about coins instead? The idea here is that
> coins can be generated without limits (i.e. don't need to be mined --
> assuming no lack of resources that the coins are made of).

True.

> This is particularly difficult to resolve. A digital currency should allow
> any two people to trade without having met each other before. Bitcoin
> allows this, while a WoT-based model requires at the very least a chain
> between those people and cooperation along the chain.

True.
(and wotsap is our friend http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jc/wotsap/index.html).

> So, the system doesn't allow new people to come into play after it has been
> started?

False, People may always get it or get out.
The amount of money created periodically depend on it : Universal Dividend (or Monetary Dividend) creation:
    * UD(n+1) = MAX { UD(n) ; Pud*M(n)/N(n) }

	//Where n is the past month. UD(n) is the UD of past month. Pud is the minimal % UD growth as defined in the 4th rule. M(n) is the existing
monetary mass, and N(n) is the total amount of members. All are values just before calculation of new monthly UD(n+1).//

> >  If a human in the list don't create its part of money, he is supposed to
> >
> > be dead and is (until he comes back to life) removed from the given web
> > of trust.
>
> Don't get this part.
It is just a simple way to manage people getting out of the List.

> >    /B1
> >
> >   /
> >
> > A  --B2
> >
> >   \
> >
> >    \B3
> >
> >  Every B networks watch its root network A, use it to make transaction
> >
> > between them. But network B2 and network A don't care about the money
> > exchanged in network B3.
>
> So say I am in network B3 and you are in B1, how do I send you money?

Trough network A.
I see 2 ways to do it :
 1- You entrust your money to a confidence entity is also in network A and propagate transaction to network B1. (first idea, worst one).
 2- Every body (you and I) is also in all parents networks (A) and make transaction in their common parent network. As every body watch what happen in
their parents networks (until the root), they know that some bills have go out, or go in, their smaller networks. (easiest  to implement).

(About networks, i did think of using xmpp chatrooms, for the beginning, this idea comes from the irc channel which bitcoin software connects).

> For a first implementation you'll have to go with notations if you want to
> use OpenPGP. Otherwise you get compatibility issues etc.

True.

> Not sure I get your point here. Are you implying the bitcoin authors are
> scamming people?

I don't think so, (or not more than other traders in the world). I just say they have no interests, economically speaking , to work on a fairest
alternative.