STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Werner Koch wk at
Mon Oct 17 20:11:29 CEST 2011

Over the last year Marcus and me discussed ideas on how to make
encryption easier for non-crypto geeks.  We explained our plans to
several people and finally decided to start a project to develop such a
system.  Obviously it is based on GnuPG but this is only one component
of the whole system.  We prepared a short paper; if you are interested
you may download it from

There is also a brief (for now) web page dedicated to this project: