STEED - Usable end-to-end encryption

Jerome Baum jerome at jeromebaum.com
Thu Oct 20 22:05:03 CEST 2011

>> Look at how OpenID does it. I can use my personal web page if I want, or
>> I can go to one of the many providers and they'll create a "profile
>> page" for me. Some of them even support using my domain if I have one,
>
> That is exactly what we want to avoid.  See the footnote on page 3:
>
>   1 Using a separate provider for public key storage has the problem
>     that it again separates mail address and public key.
>
> [from the user's POV].

But later down in my email I suggest a new kind of "mail address" that
is basically a pointer to the key and real email address. So instead of
jerome at provider1.example.com you might type jerome.provider2.example.com

--
PGP: A0E4 B2D4 94E6 20EE 85BA E45B 63E4 2BD8 C58C 753A
PGP: 2C23 EBFF DF1A 840D 2351 F5F5 F25B A03F 2152 36DA