GnuPG 2.0.18 won't use libcurl
john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Wed Sep 7 07:56:20 CEST 2011
The 2.0.18 configure script test for libcurl is broken. The test
program's '#include <curl/curl.h>' directive is missing its leading '#'.
configure:9374: checking whether libcurl is usable
configure:9407: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -march=pentium4 -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl >&5
conftest.c:46: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '<' token
configure:9407: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
---< snip >--
| /* end confdefs.h. */
| include <curl/curl.h>
| main ()
---< snip >--
configure:9421: result: no
It looks like the source of the problem is Line 144 in m4/libcurl.m4 but
patching Line 9387 in the distribution's configure file was all I needed
to do to correct the build.
This doesn't actually break the build because the 'GnuPG curl-shim'
kicks in when the build fails to use libcurl. I guess there are lots of
2.0.18 isntallations out there running with the curl-shim!
The reason I tracked this down was that my 2.0.18 installation failed to
resolve SRV records for the supplied keyserver name prior to attempting
to query the keyserver via an HTTP proxy: there was no corresponding A
record and the query would fail. It had worked fine previously, and
still worked fine from a 1.4.11 installation. I enabled the debug
keyserver-option on both the 1.4.11 and 2.0.18 systems and noted that
the 2.0.18 system was showing "curl version = GnuPG curl-shim".
Thank you for maintaining this great software.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 196 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Gnupg-devel