building gpgme for Android dies on install

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 16 09:31:46 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 03:35 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I believe I found the source of the trouble. The various *-config
> scripts all return values based on the assumption that everything will
> be installed before being used.  Since we're cross-compiling, that's not
> the case.

pkgconfig and its imitations (such as our config scripts) share this
problem with libtool.

> So now I'm trying to force things by using sed to replace prefix= in the
> various *-config scripts, but I haven't find a good time in the process
> to do that, and a good pattern to guarantee the results needed...

Don't forget the .la files :)  That's actually the canonical way to do
it, I think (and yes, it's a PITA).  For GPGME and friends, you can also
just build and install for the cross-compilation build paths, and
use the --with-gpg and --with-gpgsm etc. options to specify the
hard-coded target file names of the crypto engines.  The result is
relocatable except for the .la and -config files, which need to be fixed
up anyway.  (So, if you want to develop on build and target, you
absolutely need two copies of those files, no matter what you do).

Thanks,
Marcus