building gpgme for Android dies on install

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Aug 16 20:36:39 CEST 2012

On 08/16/2012 03:31 AM, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On 08/16/2012 03:35 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I believe I found the source of the trouble. The various *-config
>> scripts all return values based on the assumption that everything will
>> be installed before being used.  Since we're cross-compiling, that's not
>> the case.
>
> pkgconfig and its imitations (such as our config scripts) share this
> problem with libtool.
>
>> So now I'm trying to force things by using sed to replace prefix= in the
>> various *-config scripts, but I haven't find a good time in the process
>> to do that, and a good pattern to guarantee the results needed...
>
> Don't forget the .la files :)  That's actually the canonical way to do
> it, I think (and yes, it's a PITA).  For GPGME and friends, you can also
> just build and install for the cross-compilation build paths, and
> use the --with-gpg and --with-gpgsm etc. options to specify the
> hard-coded target file names of the crypto engines.  The result is
> relocatable except for the .la and -config files, which need to be fixed
> up anyway.  (So, if you want to develop on build and target, you
> absolutely need two copies of those files, no matter what you do).

Ah yes!  That was the trick to get everything to build.  I set --prefix=
on all of the libs to what I had been using for  $(DESTDIR)$(prefix) and
the whole build worked.  I'll test it now.  The only question I have is
that setting --prefix= in gnupg will alter where gpg-agent puts its
socket file, no?

.hc