SKS Protocol

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Fri Aug 17 02:34:48 CEST 2012

Nicholas Cole wrote:
> Is the SKS Synconization protocol documented anywhere?  I've found the
> links to the theoretical papers that underpin it, but no documentation
> of the actual method used.

Other than those two papers, every else is in the Ocaml code.
https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Home

> Apologies, of course, if I have missed something obvious....

Is there something specific you're looking for?

Essentially, a hash is made of each key and stored in the PTree (Prefix tree)
database. This is the set used by the reconciliation algorithm described in
the papers.

You may find asking on the the SKS Development list to be more helpful.
mailto://sks-devel@nongnu.org

-John

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net