SKS Protocol

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Sat Aug 18 02:51:12 CEST 2012

John Clizbe wrote:
> Nicholas Cole wrote:
>
>> I was mostly interested in exactly how they made the hash of each key, but
>> it's also a really interesting and subtle problem they've fixed in getting
>> such reliable and rapid distribution of the database.
>
> I need to go check before I answer, but I can tell you hashes are 128 bits.

hashes are created calling the Ocaml standard library function Digest.string
which is built on MD5.

Exact details are in keyHash.ml [0]

-John

[0] https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/src/ac4a7159ca28/keyHash.ml

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net