GnuPG 1.4.13 v. VMS

Steven M. Schweda sms at antinode.info
Sat Dec 22 16:17:50 CET 2012

   I haven't tested much, but a build on VMS (Alpha) seemed to go
through with little difficulty.  I did run into one minor problem, which
was my fault, because I forgot to tell you about one more change which I
wanted in config.h.in.  I haven't worked up a real patch, because I
don't actually use config.h.in directly, but it's the addition of two
lines:

[...]
/* Please note that the string version must not contain more
   than one character because the using code assumes strlen()==1 */
#ifdef HAVE_DOSISH_SYSTEM
# define DIRSEP_C '\\'
# define EXTSEP_C '.'
# define DIRSEP_S "\\"
# define EXTSEP_S "."
# define PATHSEP_C ';'
# define PATHSEP_S ";"
#else
# define DIRSEP_C '/'
# define EXTSEP_C '.'
# define EXTSEP_C2 '-'          <------
# define DIRSEP_S "/"
# define EXTSEP_S "."
# define EXTSEP_S2 "-"          <------
# define PATHSEP_C ':'
# define PATHSEP_S ":"
#endif
[...]

These macros are used only in the VMS-specific code, so they could be
made conditional (#ifdef __VMS) or placed in the VMS-conditional block
just below that.  (Or I could define them in the VMS-specific code, but
it seemed reasonable to keep all these definitions together.)

   If you could slip these things into the main code stream (one way or
another), then you'd save me a couple of minutes when 1.4.14 appears.
(It's almost worth the extra work.)  Feel free to change the names, if
desired.

   Other than that one problem, all I needed to do was rip out some
now-obsolete special handling for idea.c, fix a couple of old bugs in
the VMS builders, and run through the usual manual editing of a
config.h_vms.  Pretty painless.

ALP $ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.13a

Home: /SYS$LOGIN/gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

   Thanks again.