Android does not have pthread_rwlock*, npth wants them

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Sat Feb 25 01:53:11 CET 2012

More Android porting fun!  The good news is that I have working builds
for the whole thing, but working in a limited way.  The build is also
repeatable and even automated.  Once I get everything working, I'll also
add in the gnupg tests to the automated builds:

https://build.safermobile.org/job/gnupg-for-android/

So now the problem at hand is more missing pthread symbols:

 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_rdlock'
 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_timedwrlock'
 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock'
 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_wrlock'
 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_trywrlock'
 libnpth.so: undefined reference to `pthread_rwlock_tryrdlock'

The attached patch to npth gave me a libnpth.so that made gpg-agent
happy enough to run.  dirmngr still doesn't run because libldap.so also
has the pthread_rwlock_* symbols, but I think I can solve that by using
./configure --without-threads in openldap.

.hc