pinpad entry support in Git repository

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Jan 5 02:37:20 CET 2012

Happy New Year, everyone!

On 2011-12-19 at 12:59 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:
> Thus, I wrote a python script.  Attached is a program which tests PIN
> entry using pinpad of card reader.  It requires "Pyscard", smartcard
> library for python.  See http://pyscard.sourceforge.net/ for Pyscard.
>
> This test program assumes that OpenPGP card v2 is inserted to it.

I updated the test program for pinpad entry.  It is also renamed (with
no hyphen in the filename).  Attached is the newest version, which is
also available at:

   http://www.gniibe.org/gitweb?p=gnuk.git;a=blob;f=tool/pinpadtest.py

It is extensively tested with Vasco DIGIPASS 920.  Note that the
reader has firewall feature which doesn't allow VERIFY or CHANGE
REFERENCE DATA command with data from host, but only allows pinpad
entry by the reader.  With no pinpad entry support, this reader were
useless at all.  It works well except --unblock --admin.

I also tested with Gemalto's GemPC PinPad Smart Card Reader
(08e6:3478) which has the firmware "GemTwRC2-V2.10-GL04".
Unfortunately, it seems that this reader doesn't support variable
length PIN.

Please test your readers, it they come with pinpad.  And let me know
the result.  Thanks again, in advance.