Shall we do a 1.4.12 ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jan 10 11:36:03 CET 2012

On Sun,  8 Jan 2012 23:36, g.esp at free.fr said:

> /usr/bin/ld: warning: creating a DT_TEXTREL in a shared object.
>
> The compiler I use is gcc-4.4.5 modified with hardening by default, reason

If you want to get rid of this warning, please help to track it down.

> Compilation produce those new warnings, not seen in 1.4.11
> miscutil.c:238: warning: format not a string literal, format string not
> checked
> estream-printf.c:1056: warning: format not a string literal, argument types
> not checked
> estream-printf.c:1059: warning: format not a string literal, argument types
> not checked
> so something is wrong, not yet understood what

Well, we request a warning when using a non-literal in a format.
However at that places we retrieve or create our format string and thus
we will be warned.  For gcc 4.6 I added a pragma to suppress thes
warnings.

> Using AC_CHECK_FUNCS for clock_gettime is not enought as a test should be
> made with -lrt

I am now looking at this.

Salam-Shalom,