gnupg vs libiconv on Android

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jan 31 04:47:21 CET 2012

On 01/30/2012 03:25 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:11, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> How do I disable iconv?  I tried combinations ./configure --disable-nls --without-iconv-prefix and nothing seem to have any effect.
>
> You need to do it in the source gnupg/common/utf8conv.c - checkout how
> it has been downe for W32CE.

Ok, we have a build, I'm in the process of testing it now.  I attached
my rough patch that got it building, in case you want to know what needs
changing.  Not too much, basically I had to add stuff in configure.ac
and Makefile.am so the tests are not run on either Win32 or Android (it
builds for arm..., so can't run it on most build machines).  Then I had
to do something similar to W32CE in common/utf8conv.c.

I got the adns lib built for Android, but gnupg does not build when I
enable adns.  Is adns useful?

.hc