Assuan vs. D-Bus?

W. Trevor King wking at tremily.us
Sun Jul 15 16:58:21 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 03:38:41PM -0400, W. Trevor King wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 02:00:44PM -0400, W. Trevor King wrote:
> > If the documentation patches look good, I think I'll add support for a
> > ~/.gnupg/S.gpgme-tool socket next, to increase the similarity with
> > gpg-agent operation.
>
> I started looking into this today, and here are my thoughts so far.

Thinking about this some more, what are the odds that we can scrap
Assuan and use D-Bus?  They seem to be doing the same thing, and D-Bus
has a wider user base, and therefore more development time and
support.  I see that Marcus has already qworked on D-Bus, and I'm
curious to see what he thinks about the two protocols.