gpgme_data_seek with SEEK_END on memory-based data fails

Leo Gaspard ekleog at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 23:18:46 CEST 2012

On 28/07/2012 22:12, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On 07/28/2012 08:51 PM, Leo Gaspard wrote:
>> Proposed "patch" : file "src/data-mem.c", line 140, turn the "minus"
>> into a "plus".
>
> Nice catch.  Surely nobody ever used that before :)

Hello Marcus,

I have to admit that I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't writing a
javascript wrapper for gpgme.

Giving you some context, I'm trying to write a firefox addon to extend PGP
signing and encrypting to webmails, so as to allow the average grandmother to
use PGP, as she doesn't have thunderbird installed and wouldn't understand
enigmail's instructions. Let alone mutt & co.
So, I was writing the test suite when I found this bug.
You may look at mailock on github, if you want to have a look at the test suite.
Interesting files in there are lib/gpgme/low.js (the low-level API,
retranscription of gpgme to javascript) and test/test-gpgme-low.js (the test suite).

So... Here is the end of my ad campaign. :)

Cheers,
Leo