scd: a race condition between scd_command_handler and handle_tick

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 7 20:42:27 CEST 2012

On Wed,  6 Jun 2012 07:30, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> The bug is in the master branch too.

Hmmm.

>>           -> open_pcsc_reader
>>             -> open_pcsc_reader_wrapper
>>               -> new_reader_slot
>>               Then, forking gnupg-pcsc-wrapper...

There should be no pcsc wrapper in master anymore.  We don't need it
after the switch to npth.  I guess we simply forgot to remove the need
for the wrapper.

The wrapper was needed because it is not possible to use Pth and pthread
together.  libpcsclite uses pthread.  nPth solves the problem by
internally using pthread.

Salam-Shalom,