2.1.0beta3: make check fails on test 17 of common/t-timestuff when TZ=America/New_York

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Mar 14 05:09:00 CET 2012

Hi GnuPG folks--

I'm trying to build gnupg 2.1.0beta3 on an i386 debian unstable machine.

"make check" fails on test 17 (the last test) of common/t-timestuff when
TZ=America/New_York, but succeeds when TZ=UTC.

I can work around this pretty trivially in my build/test process, but it
seems weird to have the outcome of "make check" be TZ-dependent.  I
assume this isn't intentional, but i'm not sure how/where you'd like it
fixed.

I can provide more details of the build/test environment where i'm
seeing this behavior if it would be useful.

Regards,

	--dkg