2.1.0beta3 missing man pages?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Mar 14 22:53:04 CET 2012

On 03/14/2012 05:27 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 07:55, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>
>>   gpg-check-pattern
>
> That is a helper process to gpg-agent.  It is by default installed in
> libexec so that it is not accessible via PATH.  I am not sure whether it
> is useful as a separate tool. If you think it, is we should have a man
> page.

FWIW, there appear to be man pages for some other GnuPG 2.1.0beta3
binaries that are shipped in libexec.  (i'm saying that's good, not
asking you to get rid of them!)

Without some documentation about how to use it (e.g. what the format is
expected for the pattern files) it's hard to say if it would be useful.
  Inferring from its help output, it sounds similar in domain to the
cracklib suite.  people find cracklib is useful; so i'd guess that this
would be as well.

>>   kbxutil
>
> As of now it is only a debugging aid.
>
>>   g13
>
> Don't install it, it is currently not very useful.
>
>>   gpgkey2ssh
>
> That one will be dropped.
>
>> There is also a manpage for gpg-zip.1, but the tool appears to be
>> named gpgtar.
>
> gpgtar is not complete yet.  I need to investigate what to do about it.

Thanks for these explanations, that's very helpful.

Regards,

	--dkg