gpgme-tool documentation updates

W. Trevor King wking at drexel.edu
Tue Mar 27 20:00:44 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 04:32:00PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> For substantial contributions, we face the legal issues.  GPGME is
> currently copyright by g10 Code GmbH, the company by GnuPG author
> Werner Koch.  GPGME used to be GPLv2 or later for a long time, but
> eventually we did a license change to the more liberal LGPLv2.1 or
> later, so more people can use it.
>
> We currently do not have formal copyright assignments for GPGME
> prepared, but, informally, would you be ok with it if in the future we
> want to change the GPGME license to another FSF-approved free software
> license?

I would be ok with any free license, although I'd prefer at least
LGPL.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 05:53:38PM +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> Please send patches.  That is easier for us to handle.  If they are too
> long, please send them by private mail to Marcus.

Well, the new help strings is 160 new lines, not that there's anything
complicated going on, so maybe that qualifies as too long ;).

> Note, that gpg-tool has an online help system.  Most of the
> documentation can go there.

I assume you mean the `hlp_*` strings in `gpgme-tool.c`, which is what
I was fleshing out.  I think it would also be useful to add some
comments to the texinfo in `doc/` giving a general overview, but I
have little texinfo-fu ;).

If the documentation patches look good, I think I'll add support for a
~/.gnupg/S.gpgme-tool socket next, to increase the similarity with
gpg-agent operation.

Cheers,
Trevor

p.s. Marcus, you signed your last message with FCD2A293, which I
haven't been able to find anywhere.  Your only keys on
pool.sks-keyservers.net seem to be 87978569 and 36E7CD09.  Could you
point me to a copy of your key?