remaining gnupg changes for Android support

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Nov 9 18:08:40 CET 2012

Hey Werner,

The attached patch is the last outstanding set of changes needed to get all of the GnuPG suite building for Android.  While Android uses libiconv internally, it does not expose the system's libiconv for apps to use.  That stuff is only accessible via the Java API.  Therefore, I'm hoping to avoid using libiconv with gnupg on Android.  I see that Windows support works without libiconv so the patch just uses that code for Android also.

The one part that I didn't have a good grasp of what the Windows replacement functions, so I hacked in some placeholders for Android.  I'm happy to revisit that code with your advice or just trust whatever you choose for the solution there.