using main key ID as cache key?

Daiki Ueno ueno at unixuser.org
Wed Nov 14 08:43:22 CET 2012

Hi,

We've recently had a little discussion about the cache behavior of
gpg-agent:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12696#29

Currently, gpg-agent PKSIGN / PKDECRYPT commands maintain passphrases
per subkey, while other gpg commands (gpg --gen-key and gpg --edit-key)
assume the same passphrase be shared among subkeys.

Doesn't it make sense that those gpg-agent commands use the main key ID
as cache key?  I'm attaching an experimental patch (to the git master).