ttyname in gpgme when running Android

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Thu Nov 15 16:00:58 CET 2012

Werner Koch:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:42, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> Sure, that should work fine for the autoconf stuff, but in ttyname.c, it'll
>> need to either have that __ANDROID__ macro, or a macro like FAKE_TTYNAME which
>> is defined for both Win32 and Android.
>
> Pull master.  I basically used HAVE_ANDROID_SYSTEM instead of
> __ANDROID__.  This is to make it similar to Windows where we also don't
> use the __WIN32__ macro.
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

So this worked well for gpgme, but gnupg still thinks it has a working
ttyname().

gnupg/configure.ac is doing a naive function check for ttyname, which
succeeds, but of course on Android ttyname is a stub. I suspect we need
the same REPLACE_TTYNAME magic in gnupg that we used in gpgme.

My m4 foo is decidedly lacking. Is there any chance you could produce a
fix for this?

~abel