gpgme_op_keylist_start: error: Invalid crypto engine <GPGME>

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Oct 22 10:14:28 CEST 2012

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 06:02, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> I split them up to get the exact var.  So the version is not getting set.  The

Right.

> So next thing might be to try setting a version, but its late and I'm going to
> bed.  Would that be something like:
>
>     const char* version = gpgme_check_version("1.3.0");

No, that only adds a runtime check to assert the actual version of gpgme
is at least 1.3.0.  I always use this to avoid problem od accidently
using a different version at runtime than at build time (e.g. due to
messed up SO names).  I can't see that this matters.

We need to look closer at engine_get_version et al.  I will add more
trace calls.

Shalom-Salam,