Request: GPGME cross-compile on non-Debian

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Oct 24 05:25:04 CEST 2012

On 10/23/2012 11:16 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Are you suggesting that the debian instructions for
> cross-compiling don't work on an Ubuntu system?  If so, where do
> they fail?

I didn't think I was "suggesting" so much as explicitly stating: yes,
they fail, on both Fedora and Ubuntu systems.  :)

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2012-June/044884.html may
be a good place to begin looking.

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2012-June/044891.html may
also be useful.  I'm no libtool maven, but something about that just
struck me as being potentially quite wrong.

I don't have any documentation lying about to confirm that the F17
problems were also present under Ubuntu 12.04, but my recollection is
that I tested it out and got the same sort of problem.  It would not
be impossible for my recollection to be in error, though.