how to make dirmngr a singleton

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 25 10:45:04 CEST 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:47, hans at guardianproject.info said:

> Hmm, ok, this might be due to my code.  The android code runs a gpg-agent and
> a dirmngr at startup.  It seems that gpg-agent checks if another one is
> running and quits, while dirmngr does not.  If that's the case, I can handle

The thing is that the new Dirmngr in GnuPG is not yet finished.  The
goal is to either have Dirmngr running as a system daemon for all users
or start it on demand per user.  For a single user OS like Android that
would make no difference and thus I think it is better to go with the
start on demand option.  Start on demand has the advantage that it is
only started if needed and that on a crash it will be automagically
restarted.

Shalom-Salam,