GPGME_DEBUG on Android, which makes env vars hard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 8 20:28:13 CEST 2013

On Mon,  8 Apr 2013 15:45, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> Still GPGME_DEBUG is not documented in gpgme.texi and it should be.
> Even when it may be changed in the future.

Well, it is mentioned.  GPGME_DEBUG does not make sense unless you have
the source code at your hands.  And there you find what you need.
GPGME_DEBUG is on purpose not a part of the API but a feature to help
maintaining gpgme.  There are a few other features which are not
documented for the very same reason.  As soon as we start to document
internal stuff, folks will use that in their applications; something
they REALLY SHOULD NOT do but always do (cf. RFC-6919).

Salam-Shalom,