OpenPGPv5 wish list

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Apr 29 07:17:04 CEST 2013

On 4/28/2013 10:37 PM, Hauke Laging wrote:
> Other things we IMHO really need notation standards for:

This really isn't the place for it, guys.  GnuPG-devel is for discussion
of how to make GnuPG track the standard better; the OpenPGP list is for
discussion of how to make the standard itself better.

> Things I want in the protocol:

I'll make my own wish list simple:

I don't want *anything* new included in the standard unless there exists
at least one user who says, "the absence of this feature is a
showstopper for me and is blocking my adoption of GnuPG."  This user
needs to be able to show a real-world use case and be willing to
volunteer to run trials in a real-world environment.

No real-world user?  No feature.

That's my own wish list, and I desperately hope it comes to pass.  :)