OpenPGPv5 wish list

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 29 13:56:12 CEST 2013

> 1) I would like a setting that a certain key makes local signatures only
> (unless --expert --i-really-know-what-i... is given). This would make life
> easier for beginners (and the people who train them).

I can see why you want that but I would leave this decision to the
authors of a GUI frontends.

> 2) Besides ownertrust (which I prefer calling certification trust as this may
> vary for different keys with the same owner) we should be able to assign a
> security value to a key (not for the public, just like ownertrust) and this
> should be shown to the applications on top of GnuPG. It seems crazy to me that
> the only relevant characteristic of another one's key is its validity. I am

You may add your own trust model on top of GnuPG.  The current default
one is already way to complex and you still want to make it even more
complex.  Crypto featurism was in the 90ies - we learned that this was a
dangerous habit.

Salam-Shalom,