Unable to compile latest npth library for Windows.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Aug 11 14:48:04 CEST 2013

On Sat, 10 Aug 2013 20:33, troy.clevenger at gmail.com said:

> libtool: link: /usr/bin/i586-mingw32msvc-nm -B  .libs/npth.o   | sed

Meanwhile I switched to i686-w64-mingw32 (Debian gcc-mingw-w64-i686) and
thus it is quite possible that the old mingw32 does not anymore work.
The problem is that both projects add their own
extensions/fixes/whatever to the header files.  It try not to break old
code but testing that all is to expensive.  I suggest that you switch to
that toolchain; it is in Wheezy.

> configure.ac. If I restore that, it then compiles, but GnuPG build
> still fails with npth library problems. So my guess is that I'm not

Anyway, master does not yet build for Windows.  Would be easy to fix,
but right now Windows for 2.1 has low priority.

Shalom-Salam,