[Announce] GPGME 1.4.3 released

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 12 23:27:49 CEST 2013

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:26, hans at guardianproject.info said:
> Congrats on the release! The data_identify stuff sounds quite useful, thanks
> for that!  I see that it can tell signed and encrypted.  Can it also identify
> a .gpg file that contains keys?  Like what would this report if I ran it on

Until now it is quite limited.  For OpenPGP the code is currently only
able to detect the type of armored files.  For CMS a real binary parser
is included (very basic but sufficient).

> pubring.gpg, secring.gpg, or trustdb.gpg?

Not yet, not yet, unknown.

trustdb is internal to gpg and thus the format is not of any interest
to other software.

I consider it more important to have an interface which can be used now.
Adding an OpenPGP parser can be done for the next release.  I have some
code for this somewhere but it needs to be mangled for the new purpose.

Shalom-Salam,