NeuG 0.11

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Aug 22 09:44:04 CEST 2013

NeuG 0.11 was released.  NeuG is an implementation of True Random
Number Generator based on quantization error of ADC of STM32F103.

It is basically intended to be used as a part of Gnuk, but we also
have standalone USB CDC-ACM version (you can get random stream from
/dev/ttyACM0).  Standalone version is useful to feed entropy to
/dev/random on GNU/Linux.  Its generation speed is >= 50kB/sec, and
it's more when connected to USB 2.0 Hub.

The output is tested NIST STS 2.1.1 and Dieharder 3.31.1.

Highlights are:

* Replacement of kernel (thread library)

  Instead of ChibiOS/RT, we now use Chopstx.

* Improved performance

  The output of random numbers got faster than the previous
  implementation by 30% or so.

* Unsupported targets

  CQ_STARM, STBEE, STBEE Mini, and STM32_PRIMER2 are not
  supported in this release, but porting should be easy.

Here are some links for NeuG, Gnuk and FST-01 (the hardware).

NeuG (under Gnuk Repository):
    http://gitorious.org/gnuk/neug

Gnuk News:
    http://www.fsij.org/gnuk/

FST-01 introduction:
    http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FST-01

FST-01 Q&A site:
    http://no-passwd.net/askbot/questions/

Japanese Documentation for FST-01 and Gnuk Token:
    http://no-passwd.net/fst-01-gnuk-handbook/index.html

Enjoy,