pinentry for android patches

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Mon Aug 26 13:22:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

As part of the GnuPG to Android port, we've written an android specific
pinentry.  [0]

This pinentry is actually not usable standalone. That is, the code in
the android/ dir is not sufficient for pinentry to work on Android.

It requires a java helper running in an Android app to handle the GUI
operations. This is currently implemented in our Gnupg for Android
application [1].

Due to the structure of Android apps and the security model, this java
portion of pinentry must reside within an Android app and cannot be
included in the pinentry repo itself.

We would like to contribute the pinentry to the project however, as it
is a valuable piece of work (well, we spent a long time on it).

i. Would you accept this new pinentry into the main repo?
ii. Would you like to preserve the commit history as it exists, or shall
we create one big patch?

Cheers!

~abel

[0]: https://github.com/guardianproject/pinentry