scd: PC/SC pinpad input improvement

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Aug 27 09:29:41 CEST 2013

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 03:40, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> In this patch, we now have the function pcsc_vendor_specific_init,
> which examines feature and PCSCv2_PART10_PROPERTY.  There, we can
> do special thing like for the one of Vega Alpha.

Very good.

> Besides, I found that bNumberMessage=0xff (default) doesn't work well
> for some readers.  So, I think that it is good to have specific

I have no reader with a display, thus I can't say anything about it.

> +      else if (tag == PCSCv2_PART10_PROPERTY_wIdVendor)
> +        vendor = v;
> +      else if (tag == PCSCv2_PART10_PROPERTY_wIdProduct)
> +        product = v;

I expected that something like this is available but did not had the
time to check.  However, as you also mention in your other mail, this
may not work on Windows.  I can check later the day whether it works
with the SPR532 and if that is the case we could keep it.

Something different: During a presentation I did last week, I realized
that the default timeout of the SPR532 is a bit short.  As of now the
pop up window has a pretty short message but we may change this and the
user will need more time to read that message - by then she may have
already run into a timeout.  Shall we add a configuration option to
change the timeout?

Shalom-Salam,