generating RSA key sizes > 4096

Bernd Eckenfels lists-gnupgdev at lina.inka.de
Thu Dec 5 18:11:20 CET 2013

Am 05.12.2013, 02:29 Uhr, schrieb Hauke Laging
<mailinglisten at hauke-laging.de>:
> This document is quite strange

Yes it is also not really defined what "long term" means. For example
transactional data which contains a PII, does it need "long term"
de-cryption protection. And it fails to differentiate between
confidentiality and authentisity. But still the document and the
recommendation is out there in the wild (my take away from it is however
that they declare RSA dead end in favor of ECC, and I am not sure if that
is a valid thing to do right now).

Nevertheless, it is a contra argument to the discussion here claiming
there is no recommendation in that direction. After all it is also based
on NIST projections.

Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net