dynamic CPU detection for libgcrypt assembly code?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Dec 23 03:44:39 CET 2013

On 12/21/2013 05:28 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Dec 2013 20:06, jussi.kivilinna at iki.fi said:
>
>> Well, after little bit of research, I found out that Android blocks
>> read access to /proc/self/auxv. Instead there is another API for cpu
>
> I guess it is better not to think of Android as a Linux kernel bases
> OS. They should have named their kernel googlix
>

> Shalom-Salam,
>
>    Werner

Android is definitely Linux, the kernel used in Android is quite close to
plain Linux.  Android just highlights the GNU project's stance on the name
GNU/Linux.  Most people confuse Linux with GNU/Linux, and that's where the
problems begin.

As Android clearly points out, UNIX models are not inherint to OSes built on
top of the Linux kernel.  While Android is the most popular non-UNIX that uses
the Linux kernel, it is certainly not the only one.

.hc